DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALIST (MANUFACTURING)
The Document Control Specialist (Manufacturing) is responsible for assuring the correctness of each job as it enters production. This is accomplished primarily by reviewing the manufacturing documents provided by the customer to make sure that they are
- Compare incoming Purchase Orders with sales quotes for accuracy.
- Assure that any Purchase Order entry problems are resolved quickly, by working with Sales, Production, and Purchasing.
- Create and maintain revisions of Inventory Parts, Bills of Material (BOM), and Routers in ERP system
- Ensure Inventory and BOM’s configurations in ERP match to the design released levels of the product documentation.
- Maintain technical documents (Work Instructions, Process Specifications, etc.) for production.
- Work closely with Sales, Purchasing, and Production to make order entry flow smoothly, and to coordinate any order changes with all affected departments.
- Create the documents required to get each order started in production.
- Make sure the correct customer data files are available to Production, Quality and Engineering.
- Prepare and Process ECOs and Deviations.
Associates Degree in technical field preferred or formal technical training in engineering field with minimum 5 years relevant experience in production environment.
- Understanding of current printed circuit board manufacturing technology and process flow
- Understanding of Electro Mechanical assembly processes
- Experience with ERP system functions related to product configuration management
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with Windows computer systems