SMT Operator Programmer
Job Reference Number:
The Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Operator manages the data, personnel, and machines used to automatically solder electronic components to SMT Printed Circuit Boards.
- Verify completeness of supplied PCA documentation files.
- Operate SMT equipment
- Comply with all SMT procedures.
- Accurate board counting/production tracking.
- Ensure production tracking documents are completed properly.
- Verify First Article Assembly
- Clean the SMT machine, tools, and equipment
- Inspect boards produced for component alignment, missing components, incorrect or damaged components, component orientation, and solder joint quality
- Perform line changeovers as required.
- Perform line PM’s as required.
- Maintain material traceability as required.
- Manually install missing components
- Transfer completed assemblies to the next work station
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be familiar with Printed Circuit Board manufacturing data file use
- Familiarity with Electro-static Discharge precautions
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an SMT operator.
- Experience with Mydata equipment is a plus.
- Experience with ERP systems is a plus.
Desired Skills/ Experience
- Experience operating Printed Circuit Board assembly, inspection, or test equipment
- Must have experience working with all types of electro-mechanical SMT components